Other Ways to Give
Whether you choose to give a direct monetary donation, a gift of stock, or an in-kind gift, CAI appreciates your support. And we’re excited to tell you about a few new, easy ways to donate.
Do you work for a matchmaker?
Thousands of companies will match donations made by their team members, retirees, and even employees’ spouses. Find out if your employer will double or even triple your donation to CAI with a quick search of Double the Donation’s online database, which allows you to access your employer’s matching gift forms and complete the simple, minutes-long process to drive additional support toward our cause.
Recently, CAI became eligible to accept vehicle donations by partnering with CARS, a California-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise that only supports other nonprofits in their fundraising efforts.
Do you have an old car you no longer drive that’s just taking up space in your garage? Or maybe you have a motorcycle that stopped working years ago that you never got around to fixing. Consider donating it to CAI!
Why donate your vehicle to CAI?
- Donating is easy and the pick-up is free.
- Donating skips the costs and hassles associated with selling a car, like paying for advertising and insurance, or for car repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.
- Donating avoids the costs associated with keeping a car, such as registration, insurance, car repairs, and more.
- You can free up space at home and/or stop paying for extra parking.
- Vehicle donations are tax-deductible, and you could reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized.
- There is NO cost to you, the donor.
What types of vehicles are accepted?
All vehicles are considered! CARS strives to accept all types of donated vehicles (running or not) including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles.
To find out if CAI can accept your vehicle, please complete the secure vehicle donation form on our cars website: careasy.org/nonprofit/central-asia-institute
Or call CARS directly at 855-500-7433 during regular hours of operation:
- Mon – Fri: 5:00 am – 7:00 pm PT
- Saturday: 6:00 am – 5:00 pm PT
- Sunday: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm PT