Fresh Focus: Updating CAI’s Vision & Mission
The twelfth edition of Journey of Hope, is a special one. This year’s magazine contains not only the latest updates from Central Asia, but also crucial information about the organization’s future direction and objectives.
For the last 22 years, with your support, Central Asia Institute has endeavored to bring about a better, more peaceful world by promoting education. While our end goal has not changed, the tactics we use to get there are constantly shifting as we adapt to an everchanging environment.
As those tactics change, so too must the language that guides our work. For this reason, CAI has elected to reimagine our mission, vision, value, and goal statements. Our aim is to have statements that better describe where our organization is heading and the latest methods we are employing to get there.
Without further ado, Central Asia Institute is pleased to unveil our new vision, mission, values, and goals. We hope that you will join us as we take the next steps on this adventure, our journey of hope.
New Vision & Mission
Vision: To unlock the full potential of girls and women through education. When girls and women thrive, their families, communities, and nations prosper. Educate a girl. Change the world.
To promote education and livelihood skills, especially for girls and women, in the remote regions of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Tajikistan.
- Improve educational access and outcomes for girls and women in our targeted area.
- Enhance the livelihood skills and outcomes of the girls and women in these regions.
- Continue to work through in-country partners and increase their capability and sustainability.
- Ensure all projects are viable, sustainable, and supported by the community.
- Expand the network of champions for CAI’s education and livelihood vision and mission.
- Continue to ensure CAI’s sustainability.
- Integrity and Accountability: As responsible stewards of donor support, CAI and our implementing partners manage funds legally and ethically. CAI has zero-tolerance for corruption.
- Transparency: We maintain a high-standard of monitoring and reporting,
and we share those reports with the public.
- Cooperation: We collaborate and partner to achieve common objectives.
- Commitment: CAI and our partners remain committed to the girls and women we serve, especially through challenges and adversity.
- Humility and Compassion: Through our community-supported approach, we value and respect the ideals and beliefs of those we serve, and listen and respond to their needs.